First, you need to understand what your study challenges are. These questions will help you get a better idea of what kind of bookkeeping help you need and will make the search for a tutor later on easier.
- Is there a specific bookkeeping topic you are having difficulty with?
- What will help you make homework easier – more time, bookkeeping answers, a clear explanation of things, etc.?
- Is the material clear to you or do you need someone to go over it with you?
- Do you need help with your homework because it is difficult or because you want to get it done more efficiently?
This will help you filter out bookkeeping tutors based on your needs and, when you find a tutor, will help you explain to him/her what kind of help you are looking for.
What are the conditions or requirements that are important to you when hiring a tutor? Here are a few things you want to consider:
- Language – What languages should the tutor know? Do you prefer studying in English or is that not your native language?
- Location – Is the tutor’s location important to you? If you hire a tutor online, it shouldn’t matter unless you want someone who is familiar with your specific college and course.
- Price – Understand what your budget is for a single lesson. You can calculate this by estimating how many monthly lessons you need and dividing your monthly budget by that number.
- Experience – If you are having difficulties with your studies or have experience with tutors and it hasn’t worked out in the past, you may want to hire someone that is experienced in tutoring to ensure you learn with someone who can get the material across.
- Knowledge – Ideally, you want someone who went through the same studies you did, but that may not always be necessary if you just need help with a sub-topic, like math or tax laws.
- Schedule – Can you only study on weekends or late at night? Think about your schedule and if there is anything specific that may affect your search for a tutor.
Don’t worry about getting too specific with these conditions. There are literally thousands of tutors all over the world available at any given time so you are sure to find someone that fits your specific needs. Just define these conditions as best you can so that the next step is quick and easy.
Once you have all of the information you need from the previous two steps, it is time to search for a tutor. Simply visit an online tutors website and enter all of the required information in the search filters. You should have a lot of results so additional filtering may be required.
Sort the results by best reviews and rating and contact the top two or three to see if they are available. Once you find the one that seems right, all you have to do is schedule a lesson and that’s it! So next time you have a bookkeeping question, you’ll have a tutor to help you find the right bookkeeping answer!