Before you can start solving the problem of college overload, you need to identify where the problem really lies. Here are a few things to consider:
- Is the material to difficult to understand? After a class, do you find yourself going over notes and being unable to understand what the professor was talking about? Do you have a specific biotechnology question you need help with?
- Is time the main issue? Can you do the homework assignments and study for tests but you simply don’t have enough time to get it done properly?
- Is the homework too difficult? Do you understand the material and classes in general, but don’t know where to start with that biotechnology assignment?
Answering these questions will help you know where the challenges lie for you so that you can search for a tutor that is perfect for your needs and you will be able to explain to the tutor what you need help with exactly.
In addition the challenges you face in the biotechnology course, there are other personal challenges or factors that you have to take into account when searching for a tutor.
- Time – What is your schedule? Are you only available on Wednesdays at 7PM, or do you need a tutor that can teach you on weekends or the middle of the night. You may even want someone flexible because your schedule always changes. It is important to know before you search so that you can find a tutor that is available when you need them.
- Price – We all have a budget, and it is important to know yours. First, try to estimate how many lessons a month or week you need and then simply calculate the price per lesson you can pay based on your monthly or weekly budget.
- Experience – Everyone is different and has different needs. Think of certain things your teacher should have experience in besides biotechnology, like teaching students with ADHD or students who don’t speak fluent English.
Don’t worry about getting too specific, there are thousands of tutors online and you are sure to find one that’s right for you!
Once you have all of the information that you need to find a tutor, it is time to start the search. This is the easy part, all you have to do is follow these simple instructions:
- Log on to a tutor website.
- Use all of the filters to find a tutor that is in line with the needs you defined in step 1 and 2. If there are needs that do not appear in search results, write them down so that you can ask the tutor relevant questions before hiring.
- Filter the search results by best rating and reviews.
That’s all there is to it. Pick the top five tutors and send them a message asking them for more information based on your needs that may not appear in the search results, like availability, experience, etc. Read the reviews written by other students to get a better idea of how good each teacher is and hire the best one. Next time you have biotechnology questions you don’t know how to answer, you simply need to get help from a professional tutor online!