Accounting Studies’ Help
Accounting is a popular choice in recent years when it comes to college and university degrees. It is in high demand and that doesn’t seem like it’s going to change any time soon. The courses involved, however, can be very demanding. In this article, we introduce you to a few methods you can adopt to make your studies a bit easier and less stressful. It’s not easy for anyone, but it doesn’t have to feel like it’s impossible. You’ll find that people online will want to help more often than not.
Connect to Accounting Experts
Stuck on a topic or course? Why not talk to an accounting professional who has already finished their studies and is working in the field?
Start by joining groups on LinkedIn and Facebook for accounting professionals. A simple search in these groups will lead to many interesting articles, questions and answers, and more. This is a great place to post a question from time to time when you need perspective from a pro. Just make sure to read the posting rules in each group before posting.
Other Accounting Students Are Online Too
You’re not the only one searching for information online, there are thousands of students just like you. Here’s how to find them:
- Ask your professors and check your college or university website for student/teacher forums. Many universities have them, and it’s a great place to ask other students and teachers for help.
- Look for forum websites for accounting students. Make sure to save a couple that are active. You can check by looking at the dates on the latest threads and posts. Create your profile and introduce yourself, and make sure to answer questions when you can.
- Groups on Facebook and subreddits on Reddit are great places to get to know other students, search for previously asked questions and answers, and ask your own questions when you need help. On Reddit, be sure to create your profile and be active before your course starts so that you won’t be blocked from posting or commenting when you really need it.
Hire an Online Tutor
Online tutors are professional tutors you can hire online to help you out whenever you need it. They are more reliable than groups and forums, and can help you study for exams, do your assignments, and go over the topics you learn in class.
Online tutors are cheaper, easier to find, and are much more flexible than regular tutors. Hiring one is done easily online and takes only a few minutes. Still, we recommend finding one before your courses start so that you’re not searching for a tutor when you’re stressed for time. Find two or three options that seem good based on their profile information, costs, and reviews. That way, if the first one isn’t available or a good match when you need it, you have two others to fall back on.
Save Online Resources
Talking to people live in groups and social media is great, but there is also a lot of ready information online that can help you. Research the topics you will be learning before each semester and make a list of:
- Leading websites and news sites in the field.
- Leading YouTube and Vimeo channels with tutorials and explanations.
- Blogs by accounting professionals and teachers that cover some of the topics you will be learning.
Make sure to sort these resources and save them with clear descriptions so that you can easily find the ones you need every time. Try to save as many as possible from reputable websites and writers. Make sure you are only saving reliable resources so that you don’t end up using bad info in your assignments and studies.