Italian food, wine, brands, and sights are simply irresistible, not to mention the general ambience of the country. These are a clear indication as to why Italian is currently the 4th most studied language in the world. So many people across the globe choose to learn the lovely language simply because it’s an attractive language, it rolls off the tongue, it’s romantic and intriguing, and it sounds like music to our ears. Best of all, it’s also free to learn Italian online.
Online Recourses that Will Get You Speaking Italian in No Time
Not much convincing is required to stimulate one’s desire to learn Italian, but guidance on the most efficient and low-cost way can be very helpful. Below are some tips to navigate you through the web, and start learning Italian in a productive and well-organized manner.
- First listen, then read. You’ll find that there are very few rules when it comes to reading Italian, and almost all of the words sound exactly like they’re written.
- Watch online videos in Italian. This will help you get a gist of the accent and rhythm of the language, and you will pick up some words on the way.
- Try to remember 3 new words a day, choose words that sound nice and that you enjoy repeating, it will make you happy just thinking of the words during the day.
- Spend 15-20 minutes a day learning new material, and try to go over it occasionally.
- Join Facebook groups and online forums to connect to over 2 million other foreigners studying Italian, chat in Italian, and discuss new words and how they are pronounced.
- Listen to Italian music, read online recipes in Italian, research Italian wines and vineyards, and connect to the Italian way of life.
- Hire an online tutor. An online tutor is much cheaper and easier to find than traditional tutors, and you can get professional reinforcement anytime, anywhere. It also grants the added benefit of being able to learn from an actual Italian tutor without having to go to Italy.
The Benefits of Hiring an Online Tutor
Native-speaking teachers are available to enrich your learning experience and support you whenever you need. Online tutors are there to clear up any confusion, and guide you according to your personal needs. They are qualified, and you can easily review recommendations and choose the one you feel suits you best out of an array of accomplished teachers. There are no limitations regarding location, and it’s a cheap, fast, flexible process. All you need to do is decide on your budget, on your availability, and the frequency (whether you want to learn on Sundays only, or every evening, and so on). If you have any additional requirements from the tutor, such as experience teaching kids or adults, emphasis on speaking Italian rather than reading and writing etc., you will easily be able to find the right instructor for you. Visit a website for hiring tutors and use your personal requirements to find some valid options, after reading their reviews and recommendations, contact them with any questions you have.
Whether you choose to learn Italian because of an innate love of the language, or you’re yearning to go to Italy for an authentic Italian experience, it’s comforting to know you have a full support system online. Italian is also considered quite an easy language for English speakers to learn. To add the last cherry on top of the gelato, Italy is a warm and welcoming county to those who come and want to learn it’s language, heritage, and culture. Arrivederci!