Content: Learn Linux Online | Answering Linux Questions | Hire Linux Help
Yes, because it is an open source operating system, there is a lot of information online. Here are the advantages of learning Linux online:
- Open source programs usually have a lot of information about them online.
- Because it is open source, programmers are usually more open to helping you out with questions or challenges.
The disadvantages are:
- There is actually such a thing as too much information. The material you find online feels endless and it will take you hours to find a resource you want to use for learning.
- You can’t always get help when you need it because you have to wait for someone to take the time to answer, which is a problem if you are working on your homework now and you’re stuck.
If you have questions about the material taught in class, you can ask your professor to clear things up for you. But often, you get a Linux assignment to do at home and only then, when you start to work on it, you realize that there are a few things you don’t understand. Who do you ask now?
Well, if you have time before having to hand the assignment in, you can post your question online and wait for someone to answer. Hopefully the answer you get will be easy to understand so you won’t have to wait for further clarifications. Unfortunately, it means that you have to stop working on the assignment and get back to it later which can easily lead to procrastinations, which is not good!
The best way to go about this is to hire a tutor. You can hire one and schedule on a regular basis after your Linux class so that you automatically work on your Linux assignment with someone who can help you, right after class. This keeps the material fresh in your mind, and the homework gets done quickly and efficiently so you don’t have to stress about it all week.
Hiring a professional tutor online is not as complicated and hiring one in your neighborhood. You don’t have to ask around if someone knows a tutor, you don’t have to look at message boards on campus, and you don’t have to settle for whatever your find because there aren’t many to choose from. There are thousands of tutors online, and finding a Linux tutor that is very specific to your needs is actually very fast and very easy, not to mention a lot cheaper because of the competition!
Here’s what you do:
- Search for a Linux teacher on a website for private tutors online.
- Filter the results to show only those with a cost per lesson that is within your budget.
- Filter again, if possible, so you only see teachers that are available when you are.
- Sort results according to rating – make sure those with the highest rating are on top.
- Choose a couple good ones and look at their profile and read their reviews to know more about them.
That’s it, after that you simply choose a teacher and schedule a lesson. If, after the first lesson, you think they are really good, you can ask them to schedule on a regular basis.