Content: Essays Are Important | Start Your Essay| Get Essay Help
Essays are there for a reason, and they differ in their benefits from the usual homework assignments you get in other courses. You may hate to admit it, but the fact is – essays make your studies more effective and will help you in the long run. Here’s why:
- Homework in general is given to students as way to get them to continue their learning outside of class. This is done because classes are too short and involve too many students and teachers are simply incapable of teaching you everything you need to know during this time. By giving you homework assignments, you learn new topics that the teacher doesn’t have to cover and progress in your studies without them.
- When it comes to essays, you have an added advantage of remembering what you’re learning. Writing helps you memorize things easier, which is why we take notes in class and then do that again when studying at home or in the dorm room. When you write an essay, you usually research and learn a new topic. Because you’re also writing it down and expressing your own insight into it, it is much more likely you will remember it easily in the long run. This can make a huge difference in the short-term when taking tests, and in the long-term when you start your career.
- Whether you are majoring in something that involves writing or not, good writing skills will always be important. Employees in nearly every industry and field communicate via emails and those who have great writing skills usually find themselves higher up the corporate ladder. The best way to improve your writing skills is to practice and essays will help you do just that.
So don’t automatically hate essays because they are hard. Be thankful for them because they will play an important part in your graduation and career. What you should do instead is work on making the process of writing an essay more efficient.
Follow these simple steps to make the essay writing process easier and faster each time:
- Make sure you understand the essay question. If not, ask the professor to clarify things for you.
- Make a list of everything you need to read and research in order to begin and start reading.
- Make a list of ideas for the essay without overthinking it – just jot down anything that comes to mind. You can also brainstorm with students online or on campus for more ideas.
- Write a summary or thesis of the essay – what will it be about, what points will it cover, etc. This should be the backbone of the essay.
- Plan the essay structure, what the logical sequence of content will be and what the titles and subtitles will be. Take into account the introduction, the entire body of the essay, and the conclusion.
- Start writing your essay based on #5.
- Reread the essay and make necessary corrections. Look for grammar and spelling errors and poorly structured sentences.
As you continue to write more and more essays, you can add to this list based on what works for you and what helps you shorten the process and make it more efficient.
Another way to write a professional essay is to hire a tutor in your field of study who can work with you on your essay. Doing this will help you learn from a pro the best way to write an essay and will help you make the most out of a short amount of time. You can easily hire an essay writing tutor or private teacher online and start making your essay assignments easier.